If you think you have a problem with your LISST, FlowControl or Hyper-bb product you can contact our support staff via support [at] sequoiasci.com, via phone +1 (855) 753-3313 (toll-free in the US), or via the ‘Book a Meeting!’ link on the top of the page. Note that our business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm Pacific Time.
PLEASE NOTE that for instrument-related questions we ALWAYS need the following information:
- Instrument type and serial number (e.g. LISST-Portable|XR sn 785)
- The raw data files(s) you are concerned about. Refer to your instrument manual if you don’t know exactly which files are raw data files.
- For a LISST-100X, -STX, and -Deep, the background (zscat) file you used for data processing.
For hardware questions, please provide us a detailed description of the issue and what you were doing at the time when you discovered the issue.
In order to return an instrument to Sequoia for repair or service, please fill out the form below and wait for us to send you an RMA number (0-1 business days).
Return Material Authorization (RMA) Request Form
When you have received the RMA number:
- Box the instrument responsibly in original shipping box(es).
- Include communication cable and power supply.
- Include a list of all items in the box.
- If shipping from outside the USA:
- Include HTS code 9801001012 on all shipping documents. This indicates a duty-free return for service.
- Instruct your shipper to use DDP shipping terms (DELIVERED DUTY PAID), meaning you will pay the total cost of delivery to our door.
- Include the following description on all shipping documents and your commercial invoice: ‘US GOODS RETURNED’.
- Specify USA as the country of origin.
- Download the Shipper’s US Goods Statement, enter correct information about your instrument, and include it with the documents you give to your shipper. For the Value in U.S. Coin, enter the insurance value, if known. The value is not critical, since service returns are not charged duty. NOTE: failure to include the US Goods Statement will cause delays at U.S. Customs and may incur handling fees.
- Sequoia’s tax ID is # 91-166 87 83 if you need to include that information.
- Even if the above instructions are followed, Sequoia’s experience is that US Customs may bill Sequoia customs charges for the processing of the incoming shipment. Sequoia often does not receive a bill for these charges until weeks after the receipt of the RMA. Consequently, it is not always possible to include these charges in our repair quote. It may be necessary to issue a 2nd quote or – if the RMA has been returned quickly – a 2nd invoice with these charges. By returning an RMA you agree to pay this additional charge if necessary.
- DO NOT USE THE TERM ‘LASER’ ON ANY DOCUMENTATION. Use a functional description such as, for example, ‘Particle analyzer’, ‘Sediment sensor’, ‘Backscatter sensor’, ‘Automated Valve System’.
- Write the RMA number on all boxes.
- Ship to Sequoia’s address:
Sequoia Scientific, Inc.
2700 Richards Road Suite 107
Bellevue, WA, 98005
phone: +1 (855) 753-3313.