Sequoia is pleased to announce a brand new product, the LISST-200X. The LISST-200X is a submersible laser-diffraction based particle size analyzer designed to measure particle size and concentration in rivers, streams, ports, harbors, coasts and oceans, whether for biological, sediment transport, or environmental monitoring needs. Smaller, lighter, smarter, for starters, the LISST-200X combines the features of the original LISST-100X with new improvements to make a major advance in the technology of submersible particle size and concentrations measurements.
[see below a comparison of the LISST-100X with the new, smaller LISST-200X]
Here are the key features of the LISST-200X:
- 40% of the volume of the LISST-100X.
- 600 meters depth rating.
- Measures 1.0 to 500 microns in size in 36 size classes. Combines the LISST-100X Type B and Type C size ranges.
- 25mm optical path. Twice the maximum concentration of the 100X.
- Automatic QC of clean water backgrounds including Pass/Fail.
- Analog Output of Mean Size and Total Concentration on 6-pin connector.
- Plugs directly into SeaBird CTD Auxiliary Input for power and output of Mean Size and Concentration.
- Improved ambient light rejection.
- No internal batteries. No need to open the instrument.
- Small External Battery with 2 rechargeable NiMH D-cells. 6 to 8 hours of profiling!
- Large External Battery with 16 standard Alkaline D-cells for extended deployments.
- Better Temperature and Pressure sensors.
- New file format includes all the necessary information for processing (including the clean water background) in every data file!
- More robust optical mounting resulting in less chance of misalignment.
A full detailed list of the differences between the LISST-100X and the LISST-200X can be found in the Feature Comparison: LISST-200X vs. LISST-100X.
The introductory pricing of the LISST-200X will be the same as the LISST-100X. Included in this price will be:
- Large External Battery with 16 alkaline D-cells
- Small External Battery with 2 rechargeable NiMH D-cells
- Short External Battery-to-200X cable
- NiMH battery charger with 2 spare cells
- 2-meter Communications Cable with built-in USB allowing instrument to be powered by USB port
- Test Chamber for getting backgrounds
- LISST-SOP software for LISST-200X
- User’s Manual
- Pelican ship case
Accessories for the LISST-200X include 20, 30, and 50 meter cables, a Mixing Chamber, Flow Through Chamber, Path Reduction modules, BioBlock and a bolt-on Settling Column that will allow the LISST-200X to become a LISST-STX.
Shipments will begin in March 2016.